Uttar Pradesh Government has notified guidelines to reopen universities, colleges from November 23 after the Government of India has allowed to reopen colleges but with the permission of state governments only. “Universities and degree colleges across UP will reopen from November 23 but only with 50% attendance of students on roaster basis,” an official said.
Higher educational institutions were asked to resume classes –
The state government on Tuesday notified the guidelines for reopening of the universities and colleges, which have been closed since March in view of the Covid-19 pandemic- a gap of more than 8 months. The higher educational institutions were asked to resume classes in a phased manner to avoid crowding on campuses, said additional chief secretary, higher education, Monika Garg in her order sent to all district magistrates and registrars of universities.
The classes may start with 50% attendance, the order said and added that all students have to wear mask, use hand sanitizer and maintain social distancing to prevent spread of the virus.
उत्तर प्रदेश सरकार ने राज्य में विश्वविद्यालयों, निजी विश्वविद्यालयों, महाविद्यालयों को 23 नवंबर 2020 से दोबारा खोले जाने हेतु सभी जिलाधिकारियों, उच्च शिक्षा निदेशक, प्रयागराज और सभी राज्य एवं निजी विश्वविद्यालयों के कुलसचिव को पत्र लिखकर दिशा-निर्देश जारी किए हैं। pic.twitter.com/TojguLBtOl
— ANI_HindiNews (@AHindinews) November 17, 2020
Guidelines issued –
– According to the guidelines, the universities and colleges have to make provision for thermal scanning and hand wash for students and staff.
– Vice chancellors and principals have been asked to lay down standard operating procedures (SOPs) to run the institutions.
– To combat Covid-19, educational institutions can also enter into a tie-up with nearby hospitals, NGOs working in health sector, etc.
– As per the guidelines, parents have to ensure that their wards follow health protocol while away from home. If a student is not keeping well, parents must ensure they do not step out of their house. All students are required to download the Aarogya Setu App.
– Students, teachers and staffers living in containment zones will not be allowed in the institutions, which are required to publicize Covid-19 helpline numbers.
– At the entry points, educational institutions must avoid overcrowding of students and that they may enter through a disciplined line. In the classroom, students will be required to sit at a 6 feet distance and they will not be allowed to share books, notes and laptops.
– Universities will be allowed to reopen hostels where all health protocols can be followed. Students having Covid-19 symptoms will not be allowed to stay in hostels. Dining tables should be avoided and hostellers should be asked to take meals in small groups. Students visiting common areas must wear mask. Swimming pools will continue to remain closed.
Guidelines to reopen schools, college and universities –
Since the pandemic situation due to corona virus is not in control even now, and it’s been 8 months since schools, colleges and universities are shut. Final year examination of most of the colleges had been taken through online mode and the admission process for the new semester has also been carried out through online mode. Now, as the government has issued the guidelines to reopen schools, college and universities, so the education is likely to be back on Track again but the administration has to take care of the safety measures very strictly.